Saturday, July 26, 2008

And here we have Idaho . . .

We have spent the last three days enjoying the great state of Idaho. The weather has been beautiful. I can hardly believe it's as hot as the thermometer says.

Visiting family is more complicated now that we have children to tend. We have to make sure Victor doesn't wander off and that Zeke stays out of the sun. (That's harder than it sounds.)

Victor and Zeke are generally pleasant children, but when they miss meals and naps and play time, they fall apart.

Fortunately, we have lots of aunts and uncles and grandparents who have helped with the boys. Liz and Candice were life savers today. Liz accompanied Victor as he followed a dog he liked, and Candice showed him how to balance a spoon on his nose.

It's been wonderful to see all of my cousins and to visit all of the family sites. I hadn't been to Chesterfield in years.

When I was young, I thought Idaho was ugly. But I was wrong. It's really lovely.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're having fun! It really depends on what part of Idaho you're visiting. I've been to some really desolate areas in the state, but I've also lived near Coeur d'Alene, ID and it's absolutely gorgeous up there. Way nicer than the rest of the state. It's like another place altogether.