Friday, September 5, 2008

A New Low

As I was taking the boys' laundry out of the washer today, I was alarmed to see a piece of a book cover stuck to the washer door.
Then I noticed linty-looking stuff all over the clothes.


Yes--in a new low for homemaking, I laundered a book.

That's Not My Monster is no more.




But Wait! There's more . . .

As I removed the clothes from the washer to assess the mess, I found the remains of Curious George and the Dump Truck.



So now I have a washing maching full of debris and a pile of linty, wet clothes.




Don't try this at home, kids.




4 comments:

StevenKatie said...

Yeah, good luck with the linty remains of the book...I had the same thing happen in college...I don't remember how I handled it, but I do remember it was not fun to clean up.

ashley said...

at least it wasn't a diaper. the innards of those things are terrible!

le said...

If that would have happened to me, I would have cried, and then left it in a mess to show my husband before I did anything about it. Then again I'm pregnant, so I'm a little more emotional about mothering then probably most people are.

Liz said...

I'm curious how a book got in the washer. And Katie...how did YOU get a book in the washer while in college? It's not like books can fit in pockets or something.