Friday, October 31, 2008

Party Pooper

Victor does not have a Halloween costume. Neither do Zeke or Jeremy. I do not have a Halloween costume.

We don't have a pumpkin. We are not going to any parties. We have not decorated our house with cobwebs or spooky sounds or even a wreath (although I do have on in the attic.)

I have put up my Halloween-themed mini decorative plates.

And thanks to Aunt Liz, we have a headband with a large fabric candy corn on top and some plastic spider rings and a pumpkin Pez dispenser.

So no, we're not really doing Halloween this year beyond the obligatory handing-out of candy. (I always make the trick-or-treaters say Trick or Treat.) I don't feel remotely bad about it. There are so many years to come. Maybe we'll do Halloween next year.

Or maybe not.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Good for you! Obligatory holidays really are no fun - especially if your kids aren't really into it yet.