Saturday, November 1, 2008

Candy Corn

At 6:15 yesterday I got a call from Jeremy. His boss had come into his office five minutes earlier and said, "You'd better get home. You'll miss trick-or-treating!"

Not one to argue with authority (?), Jeremy got his coat and walked out the door.

Then he called me. "I want to take Victor trick-or-treating!" he said.

"Ummmmmmm . . . okay." I said.

And then I called my mother, who suggested that if I had some orange posterboard, I could make a candy corn costume to match the headband Liz had sent.

Lucky for me, I have lots of posterboard for my new calling. Even luckier, I had yellow, orange, and white posterboard, and an orange sweater (thanks, Wardlings).
Twenty minutes later, we had this:

And seven houses later we had this:


And Zeke did this and this:

3 comments:

Cathy said...

That is impressive! Nice job!

ashley said...

very resourceful! spectacular costume!!

StevenKatie said...

I am so glad you decided to let your boys do Halloween. Fun.