Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Jeremy's Clarification

Now, hold on, everyone. Let me, Jeremy, be clear about this. I openly admit that Twilight was better than most girl movies. I admit that there were exciting moments. In fact, I admit that I liked it.

However, let it be known that in I did make gagging motions and say "bleh!" more than once, including the absurd 30 second sequences of she looks at him, he looks at her, she looks at him, he looks at her...ugh...they almost lost me. Then some violence took place, or a car chase ensued, and I was relieved of my impulse to vomit.

It was genuinely okay. I wouldn't have admitted it in public, but since it's out there, I give it a qualified stamp of man-approval, so long as a man viewing the film is on a date, preferably a double date so that he can exchange exasperated glances with the other dude in your date party.

I give it as my opinion that so long as a man watches this film with a girl with whom he is romantically involved, he only loses a man card if he likes it more than 70% as much as the girl he is with.

3 comments:

Matt said...

Thanks for the clarification. Your man card was going to be taken when you returned to North Carolina.

Regardless of what surrounds it (ie. explosions, chases, vampires, etc.)it is still a movie about teenagers supposedly in love.

SB said...

I was about to make fun of you (something along the lines of "don't you have a little too much facial hair to be a fourteen year old girl?") but then I remembered, major admission here, that I've read the books. That's right, all four of them. Only because I had to understand what all the fuss was about, you see. Oh, and I'm a Jacob fan myself. Edward's kind of a wank, if you ask me.

Melanie said...

Yeah, I agree. . . 70% is the limit. But really, if you were going to semi-appreciate a chick movie, did it have to be that one?

I'm just saying. . .