Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Fountain of Grapes

I have often wondered if young children can overeat.

Tonight I learned the answer. Yes. A child can consume too many grapes without adequate chewing.

I also learned what happens when a child consumes too many grapes without adequate chewing.

You get a fountain of grapes, issuing forth from the child's mouth, burbling up, spilling out, tumbling down onto the blankets your husband so foresight-fully placed between the child and your freshly ironed sheets.

I have never before laughed at throw-up, but I did tonight. Whole grapes emerged. Whole Grapes! Are you kidding? No wonder Victor stays so lean--he doesn't chew his food. His body has no chance for digestion! I am going to have to find a way to reinforce positive chewing behavior. What would be a good reward for thorough chewing?

3 comments:

ashley said...

you iron your sheets?

Liz said...

I iron my sheets too.

That story actually made me laugh out loud!

StevenKatie said...

Wow...I am the onl Munk girl who does not iron her sheets! :( It seems like a lot of effort...but I must admit I sure do like to sleep on ironed sheets.

Perhaps the no chewing diet could be marketed...I think that it could get some followers.