Monday, January 12, 2009

Zeke's First Opinion

In the last month, Zeke has become more like a real person and less like a baby. All of a sudden he plays differently, reacts differently to people, gets upset at different things, refuses to eat certain foods.

He's always had likes and dislikes, but his first true opinion was revealed on both airplane rides during Christmas.

You see, Zeke really, really wanted to look out the window. He got all intense and used every bit of vocal and physical power he had to launch himself towards it, clawing his way over Victor. This might have been a tactical error on his part, as Victor is much bigger and stronger than he, but Victor is rarely too rough with Zeke, so maybe he didn't know what he was getting into.

I have been used to balancing Victor's wants with Zeke's needs, but now I see myself balancing competing wants. I can't wait to hear my first, "It's not fair!!!" I'm sure it's coming. Zeke needs his turn at the window, too.

And he really, really wanted it!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

The next phase of parenthood just blasts onto the scene, doesn't it!

ashley said...

once you hear the 'it's not fair' line...it will never stop. :)

Katrina said...

WUL HELLO! Of course I remember you! Firstly by face, and secondly because you are the ONLY Cyndie that I know! Thanks for reading my blog - now I can follow yours! :D Oh, and Matthew says "hello" too.