Friday, February 20, 2009

Wednesdays II

My dear sister Liz pointed out another thing that is great about Wednesdays: Life is on. If you don't watch it, it's terrific on all counts. Except for one thing.

Scheduling.

Why, oh why, did NBC have to put Life up against Lost? I am devoted to watching Lost. It is my TV trump, and this season is super-duper so far. NBC has lots of shows I don't like, and I would really appreciate it if they scheduled one of those shows during Lost, and put Life somewhere else. But not Tuesday, because that's my dance class.

5 comments:

Jana said...

Tivo/DVR is the answer, Cyndie! Hasn't Jeremy lobbied for it yet? I dragged my feet to get it, and once we did, I'm a total convert. Gone are the days of missing your shows. Gone are the days of your children watching commercials. Gone are the days of missing a part of your show when the phone rings or your kid gets out of bed. Gone are the days of there not being any kids shows on because you have them all recorded. It's worth it.

Cyndie said...

That sounds like change I can believe in.

Abram said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abram said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abram said...

Lost is is the Superbowl of TV shows. The other networks might as well run static or infomercials during the Wednesday 9 o'clock time slot. The fact that NBC is running its best show against Lost makes it obvious that Charles Widmore has a childhood grudge against the NBC studio execs and is blackmailing them with some of their deep, dark secrets.