Friday, April 17, 2009

Jokes

When Victor was post-laugh but pre-talk, he had a little gas when I was changing his diaper one day. Then he laughed. He thought it was the funniest thing ever. And I thought, "where on earth did he learn that was funny?" He certainly didn't learn it at home, and he doesn't go anywhere else.

Fast-forward two years. I was reading a little songbook to Zeke this afternoon. "A you're adorable, B you're so beautiful, C you're a cutie full of . . . " "BUM," Victor interjected, giggling. Bum?

But wait--there's more. I kept singing along, and so did Victor. Except I was singing "M N O P, I could go on all day," and he was singing "poop poop poop poop poooooooooop," and laughing hysterically.

I want to know where he learned this!

4 comments:

StevenKatie said...

Steve's bet is he learned it in nursery. What do you think?

ashley said...

he's a boy; it's genetic.

Katrina said...

It has been isolated to the "Y" chromosome, right in that part of the Y that looks like a hand in an armpit. Or blue darts coming out of a bum. Just put a lighter up to the tail end of a Y to see what I mean. It's genetic for sure.

Jenny said...

i don't think little girls are much better. they are as they get older, but all little kids like potty humor.

my girls like potty humor, think farts are hilarious, etc. I'm sure they will grow out of it sooner than many boys do, but I think it is just a part of being little.