Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Sound of a Great Idea

Victor likes to watch Sesame Street. Since it's one of the few kids' shows I like, and since he watches it quietly while I get other things done (and Zeke sleeps), he watches it most weekdays.

Victor has picked up many interesting bits of information from Sesame Street. He has learned lots of songs. And he has learned the sound a great idea makes when it pops into your head.

That sound is "ding."

We frequently have an exchange like this:

V: Is that a castle? Who lives there?

Me: I don't know.

V: Ding! I know. It's Cinderella.

Or like this:

Me: What should we have for lunch?

V: Ding! How about peanut butter and jelly.


Or like this:

Me: (reading the paper)

V: Ding! Let's go to the park.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

That is so cute!

Liz said...

Ha! I love that!

Maybe I'll start doing that at work.

StevenKatie said...

Very funny! I know that episode well. Since we have sesame street recorded the joy can come EVERY day. It is surprising how much the re-play the same episodes.