Saturday, June 20, 2009

Awesome Movie

Last night, Jeremy and I went out. You know, like we used to.

We went to Vito's for some dinner and then we went to a movie. Naturally, we ended the date by picking up some items at the grocery store. You know, like we always have.

But the grocery store is not the point. The point is the awesome movie we saw last night.

We saw Star Trek, and it was awesome. I mean, really, really terrific. Terrific like Batman, but not as dark or depressing, and maybe even better. Jeremy can't think of a movie he's seen for five years that he liked as much. I can't say that, because Serenity was out in the past five years, and that, too, was excellent. James Bond #1 was also very good.

One thing I liked was that the action sequences were not filmed with shaky, hard-to-follow camera work. Also, the story was easy to follow for a non-avid Star Trek person like me.

The surprise actor appearance was Tyler Perry as a Star Fleet Academy professor. He was not wearing a wig.

So there you have it. Go see Star Trek!

4 comments:

Joan said...

Wait, wait. Serenity? You liked that movie? It totally creeped us out. No joke. Creepy.

(Yes, I realize I sound like a 5 year old saying 'totally' and 'creeped'.)

I'm really excited to see Star Trek, though. I want to so badly!

Carrie said...

I am not familiar with Serenity. I haven't seen Star Trek, but will have to after your recommendation.

Cathy said...

I've heard that's good. We'll have to see it. By the way - big fan of the non shaky camera work too. What is up with that!

Andi Kate, Children's Author said...

I loved Star Trek too! I went in with low expectations, and was very pleasantly surprised!