Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Fun Fail and Fun Prep

In the thrill of last week's fun, I neglected the house.

So today, I attempted to combine outdoor fun with sweeping out the shed. It did not work. There is no fun way to involve small boys in working around yard poisons, fertilizers, and sharp tools. The shed was swept, but we did not have much fun.

Fortunately, after Zeke went down for his nap, Victor was bamboozled into thinking that a game where we matched numbers to pictures of things (i.e. the number 18 with a picture of 18 frogs) was fun. It was also exhausting, and shortly following our "game," he joined his brother in slumber.

With my new knowledge about yard and housework being no fun, I filled the sink with lemony Lysol and scrubbed the kitchen table, chairs, cabinets, counters and floor. I also discovered the trick to my double-hung windows and washed them inside and out. Oh yeah. Then I washed the panes in the back door and fixed a broken curtain. And reorganized part of my closet. And vacuumed. And washed some clothes.

We are now fully prepared for fun tomorrow.

5 comments:

le said...

I don't know how you will have energy for a fun tomorrow. I'm tired just reading your post.

elizabeth said...

I have decided that I am going to be a fun mom this week. We are in the middle of a kitchen redo, my house is a mess (makes me cringe) and we are on Spring Break.

So we are going to Pirate Pizza for lunch (think Chuck E Cheese but Pirate Speech.) Sounds fun, huh?!

Jason said...

WOW! Did your boys sleep for 6 hours? You are amazing. (THis is Jen, I am logged on as Jason and am too lazy to log off.)

Wendy said...

I wish my house were that ready for fun. Inspiring!

StevenKatie said...

Wow. That is all I can say about that is wow.