Saturday, April 24, 2010

Validation

I read in a magazine today that play is very important for adults as well as children because it stimulates the brain.

So being fun is healthy!

The pictures showed grown women doing cartwheels.

That does not sound healthy. But one of the points of the article was that women tend to say "Nope, too dangerous" and thereby avoid fun play. (Or in my case, thereby leaving all fun play to more courageous/non-risk-averse members of the family. Which is everyone else.)

Play with husbands was also encouraged. Like tennis, I guess. But one woman's "game" of seeing whether she or her husband could fit more peas into his mouth was just gross.

Luckily, the article concluded that your should only play things that are fun to you. So I will be able to skip the cartwheels and pea-face-stuffing in my quest to be a fun mom and wife.

No comments: