Friday, June 18, 2010

Children's Television

There is some genuinely charming television programming for children. There is some terrifically awful programming, too, but it's easy to avoid. It's also fairly easy for me to yell "Not everyone's a winner and that's okay" from the kitchen when necessitated by a stupid story conclusion (I'm looking at you, Dragon Tails).

Thanks to Netflix, we also have a wide array of streaming programs to occupy the hour between 6 and 7 when I watch the news.

The favorite TV shows at our house are Phineas and Ferb, Super Why, Curious George, and Clifford. The favorite Netflix shows are Kipper (Puppy Love is my favorite), Thomas (awesome because the trains get in trouble and have to make it right) and now Pingu, a delightful Swiss claymation penguin who lives in Antarctica with his family. Victor stumbled up on Pingu this week, and he's a hit. I highly recommend him.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

May I humbly suggest Word World? It is my second favorite after Phineas & Ferb. Is that show not amazing?!

Unknown said...

We need to try Phineas and Ferb! My kids also give Pingu a big thumbs up.

Cyndie said...

Word World is good, but it's only on two days a week here. Weird, considering we're subjected to Dinosaur Train and Dragon Tails every day. (Subjected to the programming schedule--PBS thugs don't actually force us to watch them.)

Cathy said...

Seriously! What is up with Dinosaur train!! We recently got hooked on Phineas and Ferb. Hilarious!!