Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Public Vomiting

Today I discovered that if one must throw up in public, Costco is the best place to do so because:

1. Wide aisles allow other shoppers to avoid the mess, even if the mess is in the middle of the walkway;

2. Sample-giving employees are stocked with paper towels;

3. The normally annoying ride-on squeegee floor-cleaner (or indoor street sweeper, as Victor calls it) is likely to be close by and can clean up the mess in a jiffy without being summoned;

4. General noise masks your child's whimpering as you race around gathering your foodstuffs.

I also discovered that when Zeke repeatedly complains that his head hurts, he could mean that his stomach hurts.

4 comments:

Liz said...

For the first three things on your list I thought you were referring to yourself. I'm glad it wasn't you who vomited in public.

Andi Kate, Children's Author said...

i thought it was you too. my son had an emergency potty incident at costco, so i feel your pain.

Jenny said...

my daughter threw up at Costco once...but with her babysitter. glad to know that as places go, it's not a bad one. So sorry that he was sick!

gleehorse said...

I'm so sorry! Celeste peed all over the floor once in Harris Teeter...during a mystery shop, if I remember right. Can't remember if I mentioned that before. It was seriously embarrassing!