Friday, September 10, 2010

Jogging, Days 5, 6, 7

Day 5 was a bust. Jeremy and I made the mistake of allowing Zeke to bring his trike on our family ride/walk/jog, which meant that Jeremy had to hang back with Zeke, who pedaled like mad while yelling, "I'm fast!" Meanwhile, the weekend Lance Armstrong wannabes zipped past poor little Zeke. Really, folks, is there nowhere else you'd rather show off/ride than a small loop around a park?

I had the job of staying with Victor while he struggled up hills and booked down them. It would have been fine had there not been eight bazillion people also using the road. Victor was always interested in the grown-up cyclists, but his bike follows his sight lines (which I understand because I used to drive like that, terrifying my parents) and he kept veering towards the aforementioned zippy cyclists despite my yells of "Victor! Stay to the side! The side! THE SIDE!"

By the end of our outing I was a crazy person.

Day 6 was much better as we had the park mostly to ourselves. The few other patrons smiled indulgently at Victor as he rode, as if remembering what it was like to be small and experiencing the freedom of a first bicycle.

Jogging-wise, I got the idea from a running magazine (thanks, Jen) to try and run for 10 minutes straight. Last week, that was impossible. I could not even run for two minutes straight. But on Day 6, I did it!

On Day 7, I jogged with a friend at yet another park. AND WE JOGGED THE ENTIRE FIRST LOOP! Let me say WE ARE VERY IMPRESSED WITH OURSELVES. Further, WE JOGGED UP and down THE HILLS. Did you catch that? WE RAN UP THE HILLS.

UP!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

That is seriously amazing! Congrats. Now you're a fun AND fit mom, you go!

Unknown said...

Is it lame how excited I am for you?!!!! I am cheering like crazy!!!! I think you are pretty dang amazing. xo