Monday, December 6, 2010

No More Winkling!

I was just updating my Primary music binder with the song from this month's Friend.

(I am not in Primary right now. Having a Primary music binder is part my attempt to be an involved parent. I'm not sure it qualifies as fun, though.)

"Ah!" I thought. "This would be the perfect time to add the 2011 Primary Program feature/not-in-the-Children's-Songbook song." So I went to the Church website and discovered that it has undergone a makeover.

Despite the makeover, it still took several tries to find what I was looking for.

But once I located the 2011 Primary Sharing Time outline, I found it much improved. Each month has a two-page spread that tells what should be taught each week during Sharing Time and what song will be taught that month. Brilliant!

Now if I want to know what Victor learned in Sharing Time, I won't have to winkle it out of him. I can just look!

(The 2011 song, in case you are wondering, is a nice Sally deFord piece called "If I Listen with My Heart."

2 comments:

le said...

How often do you use your Primary Binder with Victor? We have a similar thing, and every time I pull it out J falls to the ground squirming, I've pretty much given up. At least on our primary binder, maybe your smarter than me, and use the primary binder, but never show Victor it.

Cathy said...

I LOVE the new format for the primary outlines too. They have been super helpful for preparing sharing times. I'm a big fan.