Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Very Bright Cake

Victor turned FIVE this week.

To celebrate, Grandma surprised us with a visit!

Victor had requested "a cake with all the colors in it." Also, he wanted candy on the cake.

I remembered Laura's rainbow birthday cake from last year and decided to give it a try.

I pulled out my gel food coloring and some white cake mixes and spent the afternoon making very thin, very brightly colored cakes. Then we added yellow frosting, m&m candies, and Dum Dum lollipops.

Victor was very pleased. The cake was VERY bright. And the taste, somewhat surprisingly, was very good.



5 comments:

Jason said...

Happy Birthday Victor! I LOVE the rainbow cake!!!!

Carrie said...

That. is. AWESOME.

And totally worth any hyperactvity it may have caused.

Torrie and Cassidy said...

That cake is awesome!

Wendy said...

That cake is fabulous, I love it!

Katrina said...

OH EM GEE!!! THAT IS THE CAKE I WANTED WHEN I WAS A KID!!!!! Except that mine was covered in chocolate. Wow. I am SUPER impressed. You rock da birthday party!!!