Friday, June 24, 2011

Company

We are big Sondheim fans, so when Jeremy heard about a limited engagement broadcast of Company at a local movie theater, we signed right up.

The production starred some very familiar actors and the NY Philharmonic, and it was terrific. I especially liked seeing Katie Finneran, from Fox's stupidly-cancelled Wonderfalls, among other things. Also, it included the song Marry Me A Little, which is not on the original cast recording, but which I think pulls the show together.

Patti LuPone blew me away as Joanne. Good gravy.

If the world is very lucky, Company will become available on Netflix and we can all see it again.

Check out the full review by Orson Scott Card!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I am desperately hoping it comes out on DVD. I was SO depressed to have to miss it. And so jealous that you guys got to see it. Especially after hearing how much you guys liked it.