Tuesday, August 23, 2011

True Grit

On Saturday night, Jeremy and I watched True Grit, which was featured prominently at last year's Oscar Awards.

Good points: minimal cursing, some exciting scenes, lovely scenery, filmed in a way that I could always see what was going on.

Bad points: the stilted dialog drove me BANANAS, I could hardly understand what Jeff Bridges was saying half the time, Josh Brolin talked like his mouth was numb from Novocaine, none of the characters were that interesting (precocious, obnoxious young girls are so overdone), I had no idea why Rooster and Leboeuf couldn't just get along, I got bored in the middle, it was dumb that Maddie said she didn't have time to get married (no time? what was she doing in the 1850s that left her with no time?).

Overall, I give this movie a shrug.

No comments: