Monday, November 28, 2011

Visiting

I grew up in New Hampshire, a long way from most of my Dad's relatives.

When we traveled to Utah and Idaho, we stopped in to see ALL of my Dad's relatives. And some of my Mom's.

We didn't really do things together or attend events.

We visited.

A visit is where the adults talk for hours about people and events and ideas the kids don't know and the kids either find some toys or other kids or (more usually) are bored out of their minds. And hungry.

But I realized recently that visiting is my favorite thing to do.

I love to visit!

Thanksgiving this year was particularly good for visiting because I got to see two sets of aunt and uncles and four cousins. On Saturday, I think we visited for six hours straight! It was fantastic!

And my aunts had lots of toys, so the boys weren't bored. And there was lots of good food, so no one was hungry.


1 comment:

Liz said...

You have improved on visiting! I like it!