Monday, February 20, 2012

Biz Saves a Shirt. A Helmet Saves Zeke.

On Catch the Window's suggestion, I bought some Biz a few weeks ago. I was just waiting to have a protein stain awesome enough to test it.

My wish came true on Saturday.

Jeremy took the boys on their customary Saturday bike-riding adventure, and Zeke crashed.

It was a big crash.

With plenty of blood that seeped from Zeke's face onto Jeremy's white shirt as they sat in the urgent care.

Biz was equal to the task!

After a good soak, Jeremy's shirt is good as new!

Zeke is fine, too. His helmet caught most of the impact, so his wounds are shallow, if ugly.

5 comments:

Katrina said...

Bozos the chemical discovery of John & Miriam Hatten who say all the chemical names.. Like they're supposed to be said, AND know what they do. My brains survival instinct made a shortcut in my head that is this: "For organic stains, soak for 3 days in small bucket of Biz concentrate." They did not say this about Oxyclean. So. I'm like Rainman's "K-Mart sucks". "Biz for Organic stains." And with 4 kids, 3 of them boys, I couldn't have afforded the clothing any other way. Biz is awesome. Spread the gospel sistah. And Lemi-shine for hard water stains. *hand in the air* PREACH IT!

Cyndie said...

Scientists are such show-offs.

madhatterhattens said...

We are not show-offs. :) We need love and validation to make-up for insufferable and anti-social years of study and lab work in windowless labs. BTW, (this is for Katrina because she asked) Biz is the brand name for Borax. (Sorry, I just can't stop. Blame the science teacher in me.) It is an antiseptic too. Borax cleans and breaks down organic substances. You can soak clothes in it dissolved in water or clean with it. Throw a scoop in your washer for booster to your detergent. Google it or read the box; borax has many uses - it is even in slime!

I miss you Cyndie!

Katrina said...

Oh SURE - give THEM the easy explanation! Mine was all chemical symbols and sulfur dioxide mesothelioma peroxide neon & other non-weighty gassious elements.... In 2.67 diluted rubbing alcohol... language. Stuff.

Cyndie said...

madhatter! Hi! You'll be pleased to know that my husband is from Boron, CA, home of the US Borax open pit mine (and the 20 Mule Team). I have visited the Boron Museum, where I learned that Borax has many uses. Now that I know it actually works, I will proudly use Borax.