Sunday, October 14, 2012

Bulbs

This year, I have been attempting to make our yard more attractive.

So on Friday, Zeke and I planted bulbs. Some narcissus and something else that is shorter and blue. If we did it right, they should bloom in the spring. 

Friday afternoon and evening were very busy, so we didn't eat dinner until around 8:00 p.m., when Jeremy was actually home.

"Zeke," I said. "Tell Dad what we did today."

"We planted bulbs!" Zeke told Jeremy. "They will turn into flowers."

After some discussion that bulbs are like seeds, the conversation then turned to other things. A few minutes later, Victor asked, "Um, Mom, when you planted those lights today . . . "

"Lights?" I asked, puzzled.

"Yes, that you planted," he continued, miming a digging action with his hands.

"Oh!" I said, realizing the connection he had made. "The bulbs! Yes!"

Zeke cut in. "Yes. They will grow into flowers, and the flowers will light up."