Sunday, January 13, 2013

Day 4 of Creativity

Thursday was day 4 of creativity. I decided that my creative efforts that day would be channeled into my dance class.

Specifically, I would try to be more creative and less inhibited in my expressions, arms, movement, etc. If our teacher said to "pose," I would think of a pose instead of asking her to just assign one to me (which is my usual practice; what is more embarrassing than producing a pose of one's own?).

Lucky for me, there was no "pose" in class that night. But I did make an effort to be more creative and artistic. That was fun, but the real highlight of the class was finally getting a tricky piece of the choreography we've been working on for a couple of weeks. It's fast, and the hardest bit has to fit in one and a half counts. And now I can do it!

The other big even of the class was the departure of the last of the three novice tappers who joined our class in September. Every year, new people join our class. And every year, they all drop out after Thanksgiving.

This year, one person made it until the first class after Christmas--a new record! But she quit and now our class is back to me and my two friends. I'm pleased, because now our teacher doesn't have to split her time between us and the beginners. We can just get on with the fun stuff!

No comments: