Sunday, August 11, 2013

Victor's Talk on Prayer

Towards the end of Sacrament Meeting today, Victor leaned over and whispered, "Mom. I have to give a talk today."

Uh-oh.

I had known that two weeks ago, but I had forgotten. Fortunarely, I had told Victor about the talk and he had been thinking about it.

"Don't worry," he said, "I've been writing it in my mind."

So Victor and I reverently hightailed it out of Sacrament Meeting to transcribe his talk onto paper for easy delivery.

Here is it.

PRAYER

[Victor started with the following ad-lib:]

I want to start by asking you a question. How many of you are afraid of the dark?

[Hands went up, including Jeremy's.]

Okay. How many of you are afraid of roller coasters?

[More hands.]

Okay. Today my talk is about prayer.

[This is the written part.]

If we do not pray we will not get what we need.

If we do nto get what we need in an emergency, who knows what could happen to us.

Here's something wonderful about prayer: If you ask for something that is right you shall receive it.

You can pray anytime or anywhere.

For example, if the lights go out and it's really dark at night, and the power will be out for two days because of a snow storm--if you can't find your flashlight, you can pray to find it in the dark.

If you are nervous about something, like you are afraid of the dark, you can pray to Heavenly Father and He can help you not to be afraid.

Or if it is your first time on a roller coaster and you are really scared, you can pray to Heavenly Father, and he may tell you how it's gong to turn out.

[Now another ad-lib, from his original mind-talk, which I omitted from the transcription and he added back in:]

Now, that is not a promise. He may tell you, but I cannot promise because I have never tried it.

[Back to the written version.]

I know we can pray at any time or anywhere that we are.

In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a sweet boy!

Cathy said...

I so love that talk! Victor is amazing!