Thursday, July 17, 2008

Day 17 Report

We're almost three weeks in, and we've hit a wall. I fear these posts are getting tedious, but for the sake of recording history, we must press on, dear readers.

Official Tally:
11 stickers
2 pull-ups
4-ish pairs of underwear
1 wet accident at the science center
2 or 3 messy accidents

Grandma Nancy and Victor went on an outing this morning to the science center and McDonald's. They had a wonderful time, and Victor used the potty 5 times.

He ought to have used it 6 times, but it's difficult to remember when you're two and playing at the boat table.

We're still butting against the BM wall. I think it's a diet issue, at least in part. We've cut the cheese and introduced raisin bran. We're also trying to get him to drink more water, but it's hard to convince him that he's thirsty.

I also realized that I haven't been checking his pants and praising their dry-ness. We'll have to start doing that again.

We had a great moment in the late afternoon when Victor announced with some urgency that he needed to water a tree. We opened the door, and out he went . . . and kept going.

(His new favorite game is to run out the front door and in the back door.)

Maybe I'll get desperate and start rewarding BM with cookies.

1 comment:

le said...

I know its terrible to give my child treats (left over easter jelly beans) for going potty. But his bladder is huge, so he will just hold it until nap time and go while he sleeps if I don't give him a treat. Does Victor like raisins? That always helps my son stay more than regular, I have to limit his intake.