Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Day 45 Report

Official Tally:
4 stickers
3 pairs of underwear
1 pull-up at Costco (wet)
1 diaper during naptime (wet)
2 wet accidents
1 BM on the potty

There was significantly less resistance to using the toilet today. When he was successful, the prize he requested was a call to Dad. Dad was, of course, wonderfully enthusiastic.

It's amazing that in two and a half years Victor has grown from a newborn who can't do anything into a person who can greet his dad on the telephone and then tell him that he just used the potty.

These numbers (especially the number of pairs of underwear) seem encouraging, but I am leary of a pattern I observed during our first month: a couple of days that seem really good followed by a couple of days when it all comes out.

Also, Victor shows no initiative to go to the toilet on his own. I just observe what time it is and how he's walking.

1 comment:

le said...

Josh rarely shows that initiative either. I've decided to cut my losses, and figure at least we aren't using diapers. The world is just too fun to slow down. As I said to Kelli the other day, I figure he is no different than an adult. Adults rarely stop what they are doing to run to the bathroom the minute they feel the urge, its just that adults are better at holding it than 2 year olds.