Thursday, August 21, 2008

Men's What?

One fun thing about the Olympics is that I learn about sports I have never heard of.

For example, right now, I am watching a 0-0 match between the Netherlands and Germany of men's field hockey.

Men's what?

Since the only field hockey I have ever actually seen was in the Jodi Foster version of Freaky Friday, I assumed it was an exclusively female sport.

I am happy to know that men are also able to play competitive field hockey. The world seems a little more just.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Yes, I saw that, too, when I was flipping channels the other day. At my high school, only girls played. Except I think that at another school in the county, a boy wanted to play, so they let him, but he had to wear the skirt. Or maybe it's called a kilt. Whatever.

Jenny said...

alfredo told me that he saw trampoline jumping/tricks on the olympics. :) he said they were quite good but we had to laugh that you could go to the olympics to jump and do tricks on a tramp.

field hockey huh? cool.