Sunday, August 24, 2008

Ward Split

We had a monster sacrament meeting today. Our ward and the ward to the west were invited, and the building was packed from the pulpit to the stage.

It led the Stake President to ask where on earth all of us were at the last stake conference.

The two wards were divided into three wards. The dividing line is a couple of miles from our house, and we lost about eleven families to the new ward. Jeremy lost his second counselor to our bishopbric, and I lost one of my VT ladies.

I won't say I lost my friends, because they are not lost. They're right there.

Our building will now house three wards. Our ward will meet at 11:00 AM (instead of 11:30), and the new ward will meet at 1:00 PM.

So the million dollar question--to me, not to anyone else in the ward, I am literally the only person who cares--is whether sunday school will now be held in the gym instead of in the chapel.

I believe that if sacrament meeting goes until 12:10 and the next ward needs the chapel at 1:00, then there is no way we can continue to have sunday school in the chapel.

And that makes me--the sunday school teacher--very happy.

No comments: