Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Victor's Stash

The other day, Victor held up a piece of paper and said, "I write my name." There were marks on the paper, and I didn't recall giving him a pen, so I was concerned.

"Victor," I said, "will you please bring me your pen? You're not in trouble. Just bring me your pen."

He leaned down and reached under the couch and emerged with two pens. He brought me the pens and I thanked him.

That was my first inkling that Victor, true to what I have read about toddlers, had a stash.

Today, after changing three messy diapers that smelled like MINT, I decided to take a peek under the couch.





Now I know where all my gum has gone.

5 comments:

ashley said...

there goes the theory that gum stays in our tummies for 7 years!

Unknown said...

lol. What a cute little sneaky boy! At least his diaper smelled minty fresh... Evie's smells much much worse. ha

audra said...

Oh yeah, I remember the "stashes". I am glad to be able to check out your blog:) Have a great week-end. Audra

Jana said...

Now that cousin Nate has disseminated the family contact list containing blog links, I am comforted to know that I do have family members who like to blog. I have given up hope on my own immediate family.

I love this post--what a funny boy.

StevenKatie said...

Awesome!