Friday, November 7, 2008

Three Victor Stories

It's Friday morning in America, and I have three Victor stories to tell.

One. Last night I read Biscuit Goes to School to Victor. In one picture, a bearded and bespectacled teacher contemplates the mischievious dog Biscuit, who has come to school.

I asked Victor what the teacher was thinking. He thought for a minute. Then, "About cars. Cars go faster."

It reminded me of when my old friend Ed said that he always wanted to say "Tools" when a girl asked him what he was thinking about. Also, it made Jeremy very proud.

Two. You may recall the minty diapers post. I can now tell you that if you eat enough gum, you will also get a tummy ache and minty gas.

Three. At about 10:45 last night, a little more than an hour after we had finally heard from Victor for the last time (which is another story, but not an interesting one), we heard the office door open and the final strains of Peter Pan waft out. Then we heard little feet padding down the hall from the office to Victor's room, and a little body getting into Victor's bed.

Sneaky, sneaky.

No comments: