Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Election Day

Voting is such a rush. I just love it. Jeremy got up early to vote before work, and then my neighbor and I traded off children to vote in peace.

I was especially grateful that Victor was not accompanying me to the polls because he almost yanked the cord out of the back of my voting maching during the primary election. I pried his hand off the cord just in time.

There were lots of machines set up in our polling station, and although lots of people were there, there was no line. (Good thing, because it's drizzly wet outside.) Jeremy had to wait for about a hour this morning, though. I saw on the news last night that more than 40% of registered voters in our state voted early.

Do you remember about three elections ago when people lamented that the parties were basically the same and voter turnout was super low? No more!

Happy voting, everyone!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

We kept hearing how crazy busy the polls would be this year and to vote early. Many of my friends did and most of them had to wait in line about 30 minutes to an hour. I went today, had six people in line in front of me and waited maybe 10 minutes. Michelle was with me and thought it was great to get to mark the screen where I told her to. So thank you to all of those who voted early, so I didn't have to wait in long lines! :)