Tuesday, December 16, 2008

An Academic Exercise

Today, as a purely academic exercise, I decided to decorate Christmas Cookies. It was academic because my friend has been teaching me the basics of cake decorating, and this was my big chance to show that I can make decorator frosting.

Or, as it turns out, I can't. It wasn't smooth enough, but that's okay. It was just an academic exercise, and I can try again on Zeke's birthday cake at the end of the month.

The cookies were a recipie from another friend, and they were fabulous. Just fabulous!

Here are some pictures of what I made. Again, this was just for educational purposes.




5 comments:

Jamie said...

We decorated Christmas cookies last night, too, but yours put ours to shame. Good job! I have the decorating tips, but I really don't know how to use them. One of these days I will have to take a class or something.

StevenKatie said...

Wow...you weren't kidding when you said they turned out well. Good work...they are super cute!

Joan said...

Oh I LOVE the star! (Maybe it's the artistic position of the shot?! hehe)
Good for you continuing your education even though you're a stay at home mom.
HA!
Wow, I'm snarky today.

Liz said...

Those are SO cute!

I hate doing stuff like that because I am SO not artistic. When people see I am not a good artist I think they question my ability to succeed in my career, then I feel stupid.

You'll have to teach me. Bring the recipe with you and we can practice together while you're here.

Jana said...

Those are darling--I especially love the wreath and Christmas trees.