Friday, December 12, 2008

Cookie Trouble

I have a problem.

My chocolate chip cookies are NOT working. I have been making this recipe for years, but recently, it is not working.

Instead of delicious, not-too-puffy, moist cookies with a good consistency and not too many chips, my cookies look like a bunch of cookie batter melted on top of a pile of chocolate chips.

My oven is the right temperature. I don't melt or over-beat the butter. My eggs are the right size. Today I even tried using half butter and half butter-flavored Crisco. Jeremy suspects my baking soda has failed in some way. Perhaps I need to add extra flour.

If there is a professional home economics teacher out there, I would welcome her suggestions.

3 comments:

Joan said...

I'm pretty sure I failed home ec. Something about sticking my finger too many times with a needle while I *tried* to sew.
Still, I agree with Jeremy. My first thought was that your baking soda is out of date. I mean, unless you decided to change altitudes on us.
Different type of cookie sheet?? Something similar happened to me the first time I used silicone bakeware.

Carrie said...

I have no answers for you. But I am sad. Very sad. I hate when baked goods fail.

Wendy said...

Here I am! A professional Home Economist with a degree and everything! And I can give you no advice until I receive a sampling of these cookies.