Sunday, March 22, 2009

RIP, Curling Iron

Have you ever noticed that curling irons and hair dryers always break on Sunday mornings? Well, mine always do.

This morning, the little spring that makes the curling iron snap shut on the hair broke. Also, my round brush was missing. (I later found it in the diaper bag. Huh.) Instead of adding smoothness and body to my hair, I had to settle for getting it mostly stick straight.

So that's what was up with my hair today. It wasn't an ill-advised new look. It was a multi-level equipment failure.

3 comments:

Liz said...

If my Chi broke I think I would cry. And if it broke Sunday morning I honestly think I would go to the store and get a new one before I went anywhere to see people I know. You are a bigger person than I.

Katrina said...

Tee hee heee! I've been without those things for years! My hair styling takes exactly one thing: a pick.

I need it to comb through all of my hair; to actually get to my scalp. Then hoist bangs in a clip and air dry baby. It can be done. No curling iron, no dryer, no spray, no spritz, no gel, no mousse.

But then again, I do look like an old bride of Warren Jeffs.....

ashley said...

we have to buy a new hair dryer each year. the last two caught fire, whilst in use. fun times.