Monday, March 23, 2009

SoSilk

Today, Jeremy was home sick.

He is so sick.

He even went to the doctor. Turns out he has the flu. He hasn't eaten since lunch on Saturday, he's freezing cold all the time, and he feels terrible if he moves. We should have seen this coming because I had this same sickness the weekend it was supposed to be icy. It took me a week to get over it, but Audra brought me hot rolls, so it was pretty much worth it.

Victor and Zeke seem fine, but they also got flu shots. I've never had a flu shot.

Jeremy's sickness enabled me to run errands this afternoon while the boys napped. I returned some sunglasses, picked up Jeremy's Tamiflu (no generic, darn it), went to Tuesday Morning just for fun, and bought a 1" flat iron.

It's not a brand I've ever heard of (it's not a CHI, sniff, it's a SoSilk or something like that), but the box says it will smooth, straighten, spike, piece, twist, curl, and lift. That pretty much covers everything I ever hope to do with my hair, so I decided to give it a try. And I figured that my hair is not like Liz's hair, so I could try the non-CHI option. I can always return it if the spikes aren't good enough.

This is a good purchase. My hair looks positively awful after an air dry--straight, curly, matted, and frizzy all at once--and today's extended effort with the round brush was just that, an extended effort. The results did not justify the amount of time it took.

It looks like Jeremy will be home sick tomorrow, too, so I'll have lots of time to figure out the SoSilk. I sure hope it delivers.

1 comment:

le said...

I hope so too. Every girl should be the owner of a good flat iron.