Monday, May 25, 2009

An Alarming Sunday

Yesterday was a very eventful day.

Jeremy had removed Zeke from the building because the other ward had the chapel doors open and Zeke has a charmingly loud little voice. They went out on the lawn. Jeremy turned around for one second. When he turned back around, Zeke was holding a mushroom with a giant bite out of it.

Jeremy did not panic. He called poison control. They told him to get some ipecac syrup and give it to Zeke within 35 minutes. Jeremy went to Walgreens, where they couldn't find the ipecac for several minutes, and then headed home to induce vomiting.

Meanwhile, someone was kind enough to tell me what had happened at the end of Primary. I went to get Victor from Nursery, but he had already excused himself, run across the back of the other ward's Sacrament Meeting, and found the candy jar in the clerk's office. I found him, lost him again, and found him again with help from several kind people.

Then Victor and I went into my appointment with the Bishop. That went as you can imagine, especially when Victor announced that he needed to use the potty. We ran and he did--which was awesome. When we got back, we had to wait to continue our appointment.

Then Victor pulled the fire alarm.

The fire alarm went off and people had to run around looking for the key to turn it off before the fire department came.

What did I do? I just sat there with my hands over my face.

12 comments:

StevenKatie said...

And I thought I had it bad with Alex running away from me and hiding under the bushes out front of the church. He wouldn't come out so, a nice man got him for me. Fun times with kids at church.

Katrina said...

Thank you thank you for posting. Not because of any schadenfreude, but rather because it salves my conscience to knoa that there is another competent woman out there who has children that do the unspeakable while everyone else's child is sitting quietly with their teacher and singing about "building" instead of doing it - with 4 primary chairs. I have EMPATHY for you my love. Empathy.

Jenny said...

oh, what a day! aren't kids FUN? It's so much easier to laugh when it's someone else's kids and not yours.

Wendy said...

Cyndie, I am so sorry. That sounds horrible on so many levels. You put my terrible Sunday to shame. I hope you (and Zeke) are recovering well.

Candice said...

I can't wait till Laura gets older and starts doing fun stuff like that!

Jana said...

Oh, boy. That goes down in the record books as one of the most eventful days at church. It's sure a terrific story, though. :)

Between the fire extinguisher and the fire alarm--maybe Victor has found his life calling? He seems to be drawn to them.

Alisa said...

I thought it was bad when Mary called the fire department in the hotel elevator yesterday.

But you made me feel so much better!

elizabeth said...

Wow, that is one of the most eventful Sundays that I have ever heard....that is one for the record books.

elizabeth said...

I just made the same comment as Jana and didn't even read hers....I guess we are on a think-a-like day.

Rebecca said...

Wow! That is quite the story. I made my husband read it too. We both laughed but were glad that it didn't happen to us. It sounds like you are in good spirits about it. That always help!

Unknown said...

Wow. I don't think I have any Sunday stories that can top that. lol

Melanie said...

You may have successfully convinced me not to have any more children. :)