Friday, May 22, 2009

New Dishwasher

We decided to replace the dishwasher after the old one died. I have to say that the new one, although an unexpected budget item, has been wonderful.

First, it gets the dishes really, really clean. Squeaky clean. The old one was more of a hot water rinse for pre-cleaned dishes that usually found some way to leave deposits on the glasses.

Second, it is very, very quiet. Like a mouse. It does not disrupt conversations or television programs or the neighbors.

Third, because each rack has its own spinning, washing arm underneath it, I can load things flat on the bottom rack and not worry about blocking the washing apparatus for the top rack.

Fourth, because I bought it at Sears, they price-matched a lower price I found in the next city over.

3 comments:

Candice said...

I am jealous. Someday I will have a dishwasher. In the meantime, I wish I could have a penny for each bottle I wash. Then we wouldn't have to take out student loans. I never realized how much extra dishwashing there is when you have to supplement with formula! Maybe someday I will also have a washing machine...

StevenKatie said...

Oooo...get the 5 yr. warranty. All our appliances are from Sears, and suddenly, 4.75 yrs into our 5 yr warranty, all of them are breaking. Well worth it to get the warranty!

Katrina said...

OH! I am JEALOUS MUCH! This rental has one of the crappiest dishwashers EVER!! AAAARG! My glasses are all getting hard water stains on them. Grrrr....