Friday, May 1, 2009

Creatures at the Zoo

Yesterday, we went to the Zoo.

Since the last time we went, signs have been added that say "No Smoking, Please." I was excited to enjoy the zoo sans cigarette smoke.

You can imagine my dismay, then, when a man walked by with an enormous cigar clenched between his teeth. It was soooo stinky. This same man had a long beard, a muscular build, and a bandanna on his head. He was distinctive enough that I noticed him a few minutes later when we neared the lion enclosure. He was off the path, picking up something in the wooded area.

What was he doing? You're going to love this: He was picking up rocks to throw at the lions. You see, they were sleeping, and he wanted them to wake up. So he threw rocks at them.

Lucky for the lions (or perhaps himself), he didn't even come close to hitting them. It was one of those moments when you think, "did I just see someone do that?"

3 comments:

StevenKatie said...

How would it be to be able to totally disregard all rules?

ashley said...

that is randolph county for you!

Katrina said...

The older I get the more I see that Common Sense just ain't as common as it used to be!