Thursday, July 23, 2009

My Day

Today I spent the day alone. Jeremy got the boys up, dressed, and out the door to my cousins' house for the day.

Being alone for twelve hours was a change of pace. The house was so quiet all day, and I could leave the taffy box on the counter without fear. I'm not feeling terribly good, so I did everything very slowly. The low point of the day was when I couldn't tear an envelope of junk mail in half. The high point was discovering that quesadillas still taste good.

Victor was so pooped when he got home this evening that he didn't even say hello. He went straight to bed. Zeke, on the other hand, greeted me enthusiastically and wanted to read stories after he played with Jeremy.

I am very grateful to the people who have been staying with us so I can be with the children every day. Being alone is refreshing from time to time, but I wouldn't want it to be my long-term solution to being sick.

2 comments:

Joan said...

I'm glad the quesadillas still taste good!! It drives me crazy not to be close enough to have the boys over to play one day. I'm sure I've said it before, but it does. We love you!

Alisa said...

I have always thought of myself as the comforter of my children.

But now I am learning what a comfort my children are to me.