Thursday, October 15, 2009

More Tests on the Horizon

On Monday I had my post-chemo CT scan. Cancer-wise, it was good. It showed no cancer--although I haven't had my official post-chemo doctor appointment, so I'm not feeling too confidant, yet .

However, the scan did show something fishy in my lungs. A second CT scan confirmed two pulmonary emboli, one in each lung. This is not a good development, but at least they know how to treat it.

So, chemo is over, but now I have to be on blood thinners for somewhere between six months and my whole life, depending on what they decide caused the clots.

4 comments:

Katrina said...

Wow! This is one helluva roller coaster ride! Hang in there darling, and put your hands in the air and scream... its more fun that way. ;D

The Cordell Cruiser said...

Can I tell ya'll that I love ya! I miss being your hometeachers. Thanks for being an awesome example to me and I look forward to seeing ya'll quite a bit this winter. Yes I know I said ya'll twice, now three times in four sentences. But it explains perfectly what I was trying to say.

Melanie said...

ughhh. Man, when it rains, it pours. Hang in there. We love you.

Carrie said...

Wow. I don't know what to say.