Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Forking

Victor came running up to me while I was watching the news tonight. He was very excited.

"Mom! I cleaned the stuff off your bed! I smoothed it all! I forked it with my big, clever hands!"

Hmmmmm. It was worth a look.

Sure enough, he had taken my coat and scarf off the bed and neatly draped them over a chair. Then, he pointed to the large stack of folded towels that he had successfully moved from the bed to the dresser.

"I forked them!" And by way of illustration, he bent his elbows 90 degrees, with his forearms extended parallel to the floor.

Now I know that "forked" means "to move something in the way a forklift would move it."

This is Victor with his Christmas forklift. It's another winner from the Bruder toy company.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

That's so funny! I love comments like that that give you a glimpse into how a kid's brain works. And how sweet of him to pick up!

StevenKatie said...

I love the "big clever hands" comment! Kids are so funny!!