Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Zeke's Birthday



Zeke turned two on Christmas Eve. We had a nice lunch party of Hebrew Nationals, spinach salad, and cake. I even thought of some presents for him: Lightening McQueen slippers and a ball.

I wasn't sure what to do for his cake. I was thinking about duplicating the seven levels of the candy cane forest, when my sister Liz reminded me of the Four Elf Food Groups:

Candy,


Candy Canes,


Candy Corn,



and Syrup (the frosting was maple buttercream--delicious).



Voila!

10 comments:

Liz said...

SOOOO cute! You are so good at making things cool. I would have destroyed such an awesome idea.

And cute plates! I've been using mine too.

StevenKatie said...

Very impressive! You are very talented!

ashley said...

how adorable!!

Andi Kate, Children's Author said...

That cake is so pretty! I love playing with cake ideas--nice!

Jodie said...

Good job! The cake looks great =)
-Jodie

Carrie said...

I love it. You have a nack (how do you spell knack?) for making cakes. Bunny, letter, 7 levels of the candy cane forest... you name it, you make it, it is awesome.

Rebecca said...

I love it! I just don't think that I would attempt it for Benjamin. Too bad his name is too long:(

Jana said...

I adore the cake. Way more impressive than any other kid's cake I've produced. And I laughed out loud about the four elf food groups. I made Brian watch that movie this holiday season and he was not impressed. The cake idea is classic.

Unknown said...

hahaha! I love Elf. Nice cakes!

elizabeth said...

Such talent!!!!! Ace of cakes style.....