Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Valentines, part 2

In a shocking turn of events, Jeremy walked in the door at 5:31 this evening. That's two hours and ten minutes earlier than he normally arrives. It was magical.

We took advantage of his presence to (1) eat dinner (which I had actually made) together, (2) go to Target to purchase Valentines and candy for Victor's preschool class, and (3) climb on the giant snowbank in the Target parking lot.

Target had many options. Although it was difficult to pass up the Twilight-themed "Forbidden Fruits" conversation hearts, we settled on a Twix/Kit Kat/Something Else candy mix and licensed Pixar characters Valentines.

Then, we followed the boys to the cars and truck aisle and watched them press all the sound effect buttons on the ninja motorcycles and fire engines etc. Cringeworthy best describes these toys, because I dislike noise.

Then Zeke laid down near the Crayola aisle and would not get up.

Which leaves me with this question: I have the kid stuff. But what do I do for the teachers? Nothing at Target was appealing. I can make them cards. Do I need a gift? Candy? Trinkets? Lip gloss? Kittens?

4 comments:

Katrina said...

Gift card baby, gift card. Barns n Noble, Red Lobster, Wal Mart - Target, they don't care! They just don't have to share it! :D Even if it's $5, or $7.50, it will get used... and they will love you. :D

Jenny said...

Get them a kitten...they'll love that! Kidding!! Gift cards are great. Most teachers really don't expect anything, but it's always nice to get a little something... even if it's just some hand lotion or something. I wouldn't get chocolates...most teachers get too many chocolates, although it probably depends on the area.

Unknown said...

I always appreciated a nice thank you note, I remember them more then I do presents from when I was teaching.

ashley said...

we just fill out the teacher valentine's card with one of the treats that go along with it and save the gifts for teacher appreciation week or the end of the year. however a kitten would be a great gift to pass along.