Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Another Birthday, Another Bruder Truck

Victor turned FOUR yesterday.

Zeke and I took chocolate cupcakes to Victor's preschool class in the morning.

After lunch I let Victor open his big present: the Bruder crane. It is amazing. I'd had it in the house for months, and Victor was excited to finally get full possession of it.

In the late afternoon, Victor tracked clay through the house.

There was no dinner. I don't think we could have eaten anyway for the smell of the rubbing alcohol I used on the carpet and rug.

Victor's cake was the ugliest cake I've made yet. He wanted a red cake. And he wanted it to be a circle. Despite using an entire container and a half of Wilton red gel, the frosting did not progress beyond neon red. I made a V on top with Jelly Belly candies (which Zeke promptly picked off) and added a border of fun size Twix. It tasted good, but the frosting! Neon Red!

I'll post a picture when we sort out our computer issues.

After a five hour delay in SLC, Grandma arrived at 8:35 p.m.

Victor is very pleased to be four, and he had a very happy day. In case you were wondering, his favorite color is red, his favorite shape is the circle, and his favorite number is five.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Good for you for making the effort! Seriously, I got homemade cakes all growing up, and what I wanted was smooth white buttercream frosting with lots n lots n lots of frosting roses.

Guess what my kids get....

Unknown said...

My homemade birthday cakes never even come close to the vision in my mind when I begin. Yeah for Victor being 4! Boo for NC clay, I hate, hate, hate, hate it.