Monday, March 8, 2010

Conjunctivitis

I woke up this morning with conjunctivitis. We had a series of morning adventures involving the local doc-in-a-box, which resulted in a prescription that requires me to wear glasses instead of contact for at least two days.

I don't have pair of glasses.

Rather, I didn't have a pair of glasses.

Now, I am the proud owner of the least expensive pair of glasses available at my local Lenscrafter. They are not the most attractive glasses I've ever seen, but they're not bad looking.

But wearing them is like being on a carnival ride. My peripheral vision is blurry. Every time I turn my head I get dizzy. Door and walls are all curved. Everything looks tiny. It's making me sick.

This is definitely an afternoon for movie-watching.

5 comments:

Liz said...

Poor blind sister. If I were to buy you a BIG present, it would be lasik.

Jenny said...

I'm sorry. At least conjunctivitis clears up quickly as long as you take medicine. Sick days (of any kind) are days for watching tv in my book.

Cathy said...

I'm sorry! Hopefully it goes quickly. I hate glasses too. No fun!

gleehorse said...

I hate that! I usually end up having to wear my glasses for a few days for it also. How are your ears? Did you get any of the behind-the-counter Sudafed?

gleehorse said...

P.S. This is Dawn, if you didn't realize. lol