Sunday, April 11, 2010

Victor's Song

Victor is not always an eager singer.

(During the religious songs at preschool, he curls in on himself and does not participate.)

But he does like to invent his own songs.

About a year and half ago he invented a "Thomas Movie" that he "watched" in bed at night. It had a theme song, too. The chorus went, "Thomas and the train, whoo whoo whoo, Thomas and the train."

Once, when my cousins were visiting, he stood on an ottoman and treated us to a two minute song of his own invention that had several verses and a recurring chorus.

Tonight he invented a new song. It had a piano accompaniment and included the lyrics, "I love you, I love you."

When he had finished, he asked me if I had heard his "beautiful song." I said I had, and that I like the "I love you" lyrics.

Yes, he said. "It's a song about parents."

He says he'll play it for me again tomorrow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. What a kid!

Andi Kate, Children's Author said...

A song about parents?! Love it! Tuck this little nugget away in your mind for when he's a teenager.