Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My Sewing Projects

I have done four sewing projects lately. I suppose one was not actually sewing because I used Stitch-Witchery instead of a needle and thread.

1. I re-hemmed some shorts that were a smidge too short. They are now seriously kosher.

2. I repaired a two-inch split seam in a small stuffed duckling. Zeke was delighted.

3. I replaced a button on some hand-me-down Winnie the Pooh pajamas with a button I found in a baggie stamped Casual Corner (where I last shopped in 1997).

4. I re-affixed the button on the newly kosher shorts.

Many thanks to my Grandma, who gave me some needles in college; the proprietor of Catch the Window, who showed me a nifty way to put a knot at the end of my thread back in 2001; my mother, who tried many times to teach me proper sewing; and Liz, whose 2006 wedding occasioned the purchase of the Stitch-Witchery.

No photographs or Etsy shop will be forthcoming.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Ha ha! It sounds like we have about the same level of skills when it comes to sewing. I will never have an Etsy shop. Never ever.

Unknown said...

No Etsy shop? I am so disappointed! I am so impressed that your redid the hem on your shorts!!!!

Katrina said...

I always wondered what I would be remembered for! ;D Made me laugh