Monday, August 2, 2010

1:30 Church, Week 1

As predicted, based on my survey of one other person, Jeremy and I are in the minority of our co-congregants as regarding our opinion of 1:30 church.

We like it.

1. Jeremy does not have to leave for a meeting before the rest of us even get up.

2. I do not have to get the kids up, fed, dressed, and in the car by 8 a.m., the time we usually rise in the morning.

3. We have a whole morning of family time when everyone is well rested instead of aching for a post-church nap.

4. We don't have to bring any food to church because everyone has eaten. (As a cancer patient, I excused myself from the No Food in Sacrament Meeting rule this year.)

5. We can play games until late on Saturday night.

6. We can eat bacon on Sunday morning.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

There are a lot of ways in which I totally agree with you. Bacon being the major one. If it didn't mean a forced early nap for my 2 year old, late church would be great! And I certainly don't hate it. I prefer 11, but I would definitely prefer afternoon to 9 am.

Cathy said...

The jury is still out for me. Primary isn't the funnest in the afternoon, but I must admit that my Sunday overall went better than having to drag us all out by 8.

gleehorse said...

No food in sacrament rule? Whoops. I don't think I've ever followed that rule, except on Fast Sunday if I remember. :) I was against this time slot at first, but after one day...I LOVE it! :)

Jenny said...

11 is my favorite time... not a huge rush in the morning, but it doesn't interfere with naps. But we're used to being out the door by 7:30 most days so to me, 1 is the worst time... and it feels to me like we spend the whole day getting ready for church and then you come home, eat dinner and it's almost time for bed. Since most of my week is like that during the school year, I enjoy having Sunday afternoons to spend as a family, visit relatives, take a nap, etc. But I'm glad you like it!! (And it makes a difference, probably, that we are 3 minutes away from our church and so even for 9 AM church, we aren't leaving until almost 9).