Sunday, October 3, 2010

Conference Weekend

Watching General Conference with small children in the house is interesting. It means a LOT of time in the house, not playing.

Saturday morning, pre-conference: Victor puts a toy truck through a screen. Jeremy takes the boys to the hardware store. I cannot convince myself to go jogging, so I use the elliptical machine instead.

Saturday morning session: Victor starts to cry when President Monson talks about missionaries. I push "Record" on the DVR. Massive drama ensues. Jeremy fixes the screen. I clean the kitchen.

Saturday afternoon, pre-conference: Jeremy takes the boys for haircuts. I go out to buy some hand soap.

Saturday afternoon session: I go to a friend's house and watch in peace and quiet. Jeremy and the boys tape the screen-material tubes together and run cars through them.

Saturday evening: Jeremy picks up pizza and goes to Priesthood session. The boys play outside and then take an hour-long bath. After they go to bed I read The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud. When Jeremy gets home, he orders me a pizza and we watch the recorded morning session.

Sunday morning, pre-conference: Victor and Zeke break a library DVD in half and rip a page out of a library book and detach the pull-cord from the ceiling fan.

Sunday morning session: Jeremy and I watch in the living room. The boys watch Veggie Tales on Netflix.

Sunday between sessions: Lunch with friends. Neither boy breaks anything or falls into the koi pond.

Sunday afternoon session: Jeremy and I finish the morning session on DVR and watch the last session. Victor and Zeke watch Pingu until Zeke becomes bored and comes into the living room. We turn up the volume. Then we see my beautiful friend Allison on the Kiev Temple special.

Post conference: a family walk and a late dinner.

2 comments:

Alisa said...

Wait! I thought we were the only family who didn't have idyllic conference weekends!

Andi Kate, Children's Author said...

Tell me about it. Thanks for the support. :)